DSM is an equal opportunities employer who embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidate regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, religion, or belief.
Our staff are at the centre of everything we do. We invest in our workforce to equip them with the right skills to continually deliver successful projects to he highest quality standards.
To apply for any of the roles below, please complete the form at the bottom of this page or send your CV to email@example.com / Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew Fletcher, Managing Director).
Health and Safety Advisor
Reporting to: Health and Safety Manager
Location: Birmingham Head Office / site as required
CCDO level 6 NEBOSHH or equivalent.
The post is 50% reviewing projects on behalf of the Contracts Director and 50% Health & Safety specialist advice and duties for sites/projects. Experience in both areas gained within a demolition environment is essential.
- Attend pre site meetings and liaise with client, CDM Co–coordinator, QS, Project and Site Managers etc. throughout the lifespan of the contract.
- Conduct a project review on behalf of the Contracts Director within 3 weeks of project completion
- Check access and egress arrangements and all works are being undertaken in accordance with the correct industry guidelines and legislation programme method and all relevant information is recorded in the Company’s integrated management system.
- Price extras and liaise with Contracts Director as required to ensure that contracts have the correct resources as and when they need them
- Produce Health & Safety Risk Assessments for all site staff ensuring safe working methods are adopted at all times.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and audits, making recommendations, reporting on changes in legislation and advice obtained from other sources.
Ensure all projects are completed with Health and Safety as the utmost priority; complete site safety inspections and audits and recommend remedial action as required.
- Develop in conjunction with the Site manger and implement site specific safety and quality control plans and programs resolve problems and ensure that projects are completed on time, according to contract and on budget.
- Assist the Contracts Director by undertaking business development activities with new and existing clients, as required.
- Complete a cost/revenue projection for all projects and update/review with Contracts Director as required.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- To advise the Directors and Managers on all safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
- To monitor the site’s Health & Safety arrangements and activities and make proposals to the Site Manager to ensure that all sites are health& safety compliant.
- Ensure effective communications exist at each contract site between employer and employees about Health & Safety matters.
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established at site and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Ensure an adequate supply of appropriate PPE and tools is available to all sites/contracts and that this is being correctly used by employees and contractors.
- Immediately contact the Site manager/Contracts Director responsible for health and safety if situations are found, that in the opinion of the Safety Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Ensure that systems are in place on site such that Contracts Director responsible for the project is advised of any accident or near miss immediately and
- Health & Safety Manager is informed of all incidents reportable under RIDDOR according to Company procedures.
- Undertake Health surveillance as instructed.
- To set a personal example by wearing appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment and observing all safety requirements/procedures.
- Respect the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of duties.
- Ensure that you understand and abide by the duties and responsibilities and legal requirements in respect of Health and Safety and Welfare affecting you, colleagues, clients and visitors to Company and client premises. Co-operate with the Company, so far as is necessary, to enable us to perform or comply with your duties under any statutory health and safety provisions.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping within your own work area at all times and assist in the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Maintain professional competence by complying, at all times, with the training and competence procedures set down by the Company. Generally keep abreast of developments affecting your duties and responsibilities.
- Be aware of the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy to assist in eliminating all areas of inequality and discrimination.
Become familiar with the aims, ethics and aspirations of the Company to sustain and promote them.
- Undertake any other duties as directed that can reasonably be accommodated within the scope and salary range for the job and your expertise.
What’s on offer
- A competitive salary depending upon experience
- Pension Scheme
- Training & development opportunities
Asbestos Removal Operative
An Asbestos Removal Operative is required to conduct site set up and safe abatement of asbestos containing materials according to the method statement and scope of work within the west midlands area. Operatives may be asked to work on other sites nationwide that will include working away from home. They will also be required to work various shift patterns including weekends and night shifts.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Two years’ experience as a qualified operative
- Industry based asbestos medical, refresher training & face fits
- Excellent knowledge of current H&S and asbestos regulations
- Full, clean driving license
- Friendly, calm and professional manner
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Physically fit
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
What’s on offer
- Competitive rates of pay, plus over time, allowances for working weekends, nights and working away
- Continual personnel development
- 20 days holiday per year, plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension